Back-end developer (Intermediate)
Montreal • Hybrid • Full-time
Flexter is growing and we are searching for our next core team player to join the ride!
Our ideal candidate has the experience, skills and motivation to play in the team as Back-end developer.
Small team, big impact
We’re a small team and we pack a punch! It’s in our core values to recognize each and everyone for their core and complementary skills. In a startup, everybody is encouraged to step out of the box, be autonomous and take initiative! We also care about what we build, our platform is being integrated with both small and large companies across Canada, and we want to deliver great tech to the market.
Our office is located in the heart of Montreal, and working at Flexter comes with flexibility (pun intented)! Currently, we offer a hybrid work environment. We greatly value the outcome of working face to face, such as building team chemistry, develop great products and brainstorm around a bowl of goldfish crackers.
- Design and develop back-end systems and databases
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Integrate front-end and back-end systems
- Debug and fix existing issues in the back-end systems
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high-quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and programming languages
- Knowledge of API design, development and best practices
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Familiarity with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of observability systems (Grafana, Prometheus, etc) and authentication/authorization platforms (auth0, Okta, etc) are a plus
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Java or Kotlin development
- Experience in a B2C technology startup is a plus
- Knowledge and interest in mobility tech and platforms
- Bilingual (FR/EN)
- A whole lot of motivation to get things moving!